24/7 Sports Talk

NBA Nitcap Blog: Durantula

Kevin Durant returns to the NBA. Photo credit: USA Today 

The 5 Big things you need to remember from last night's NBA action and why...

by +Rodney Fisher


1. Durantula Returns

The OKC Thunder have some work to do...They get Russell Westbrook back over the weekend and now Kevin Durant returned last night with 27 points in a loss to the New Orleans Pelicans. The return of Durant is a great sign for Thunder fans, but the loss should be a symbol that nothing is easy in the NBA. Even with Durant and Westbrook on the court together, the uphill climb to the playoffs is steep, slippery, and treacherous.



2.All-Star Jersey is Awful

2015 Adidas NBA All-Star Jersey
I have to admit. I have not been very happy with Adidas experimenting with All-Star jerseys lately. Last year, I was not a fan of the sleeve t-shirt style and now they have unveiled the 2015 plain version. I get the symbolism of the stars representing the five New York Boroughs, but can we get just a little more color and design to it? I am by no means an authority on fashion, but they just look to plain...I'm still going to buy one like last year, however...

There not as bad as these were...










3. Steph Curry Early MVP Favorite

We all know that the man can ball. Last night he showed us all once again why he should be the a favorite for MVP of the 15-2 Golden State Warriors.



4. Best Game of the Night: Mavs @ Bulls, 2OT

Every game has to end some kind of way. This double-overtime thriller had to end with what Dirk Nowitzki called a "dumb play" by Chicago's Kirk Hinrich. You be the judge.



5. 3/4

Last night was great because I went 3 of 4 out my picks last night. If you not using my picks, then you need to start immediately. I am trying to spread the Holiday cheer!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @RodneyFisherNBA