24/7 Sports Talk

Mike Singeltary fired before last game of the season...



 With only one game left in the season, the San Francisco 49ers decide to start next season by firing head coach Mike Singletary. Singletary has 2 years and $10 million left, but team president and CEO Jed York says this will not impact hiring a coach long term. After a disappointing start to a over-hyped season, yesterdays 25-17 loss to the St. Louis Rams shut the crack in the playoff door for good. Early rumors are putting Harbaugh from Stanford as a front runner. Singletary has been a fan favorite, a sentiment not shared by his players including verbal altercations with Vernon Davis, Alex Smith, and recently in Sunday's game Troy Smith. He said in closing, " I am thankful to the York family for having given me the opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL. I am indebted to them for that. I am also thankful for the Faithful fans, I am just sorry I couldn't give them more."

No comments:

Post a Comment