24/7 Sports Talk

WTF Tiger!

Tiger Woods withdrew from the Farmers Insurance
Open after 11 holes. Photo credit: PGA 

After hearing that Tiger Woods withdrew after only 11-holes this week, following his worst performance ever, I am finally fed-up. Bro, WTF!

Editorial by +Rodney Fisher



First of all, I have all the respect in the world for Tiger Woods. I would have never picked up a golf club years ago if it was not for him. But, If I am going to cheer for you when you are winning, I have to be able to cuss you when your losing.

Watching the best golf player ever struggle to shoot a paltry 82 last week was awful. I had better short game the last time I played, and trust me, I am not that good.

The site of watching Tiger at the range at Torry Pines on Wednesday talking with his new coach and fellow golfers made me sick. Since when does Tiger need help from anybody! When did the man that wears "blood red" on Sunday turn into the Mr. Rogers of the PGA?

I like Michael Jordan when he is cocky, Kobe Bryant when he is arrogant, and Tiger Woods when he wanted to beat the snot out of the entire field with no remorse. Where is the edgy Tiger?


Why does he need to reinvent a swing that won him 14 majors and 79 tour wins? Just go out there and be natural. Don't worry about back swing, glutes firing, or whatever the hell some coach that never won a major is telling you. Just be Tiger.

We have been waiting on him to get the wake-up call needed to return to form. Sure, he may not be as physically fit as he once was, but I believe he can still play golf at an elite level. I think Phil Mickelson is right. Eventually Tiger will have the last laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment