24/7 Sports Talk

See, Even Mark Cuban doesn't like College Basketball

Mark Cuban is not a college basketball fan for good reason.

"I went to Indiana so I'm a Hoosiers fan", answered Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, when I asked him if he was a college basketball fan. "But I'm not really a college basketball fan during the tournament."


His Indiana Hoosiers are a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament and are picked by almost everyone including President Obama to make it to the championship game. So I asked Mark if he had Indiana going all the way then?

"I don't want to jinx them, so one game at a time".

I hope this post doesn't do that.

I asked Mark why the college football game has crept into the NFL game, but the college basketball is nowhere close to changing the NBA style of play.

"35 second clock." he replied. "All day long they move the ball on the outside. Which is the reason why I don't like college basketball. It's too slow."

He did however give Indiana their credit for being different. "That's why I like the way Indiana plays because Tom Crean's offense. The way they motion move as opposed to dribble down the clock then fire something up."

He is right. I still don't understand why the NCAA does not just move the clock to 24 seconds like the NBA. I give them credit for moving it from 45 to 35, but let's get some higher scores and find out if these guys can play at a pro level. I also think that the NCAA should make a football rule change so you have to get two feet inbounds to make a legal catch, but that's a brand new argument. 


No comments:

Post a Comment