24/7 Sports Talk

Dallas Star Fans vs. Dallas Cowboy Fans


Dallas Stars & their fans. Photo Credit: Jerome Miron/ USA Today Sports 

As a Writer on the Sports Scene here in the DFW area it is my duty to make sure that You are exposed to the best of the best.  Sometimes even the low down of the lowest of stories. I am not speaking on Jerry Jones' night life, just the things that most people try to avoid.  

By: Omie D


As you know, I am a man of the people, So lets talk about the people. If you missed my previous blog about Cowboy Fan's being too Fancy, check it out on www.rfsportsradio.com.  Now it is time to observe one of the indoor sports of Dallas. The Dallas Stars & their fans.

Star Spangled Banner

Normally this song gets me moving, makes me think of America and all of its glory.  The best part of the singing of the National Anthem is that every time the word "Star" comes up, the WHOLE crowd yells, STARS!!!!!  Looking around the Metroplex for more fan participation before the game even Starts.

Fan Participation

Where else can you cause wanted fan interference other than a Hockey Game.  For the price of an average seat at Jerry's World, you can be sitting front row with the action,beating on the glass, screaming for the Stars,  watching the sweat drip on the Ice. I personally think, the rowdiest of fans should only be allowed on the front row, but I like things to get rowdy for my teams!  I also love how Stars fans seem to be very smart,only cheering and being loud when their ice warriors need them to be. Unlike Cowboys fans, who seem to cheer whenever Miller Lite tells them to yell.

Intermission

Two of what could be considered halftimes by football standards, hockey gives its fans a chance to refresh without missing any action. Not to mention the prices for refreshments at a Dallas Stars game will not break the bank or the family savings.  The only draw back is that it takes the average fan three mins into the next period to get back to their seats. In Saturday's game against the Flyers the 1st goal was scored shy of 4 mins in the 2nd period. Slightly less crowd, but still better than halftime at the Cowboys game.

If I was a family man and wanted to get my family out in the fall for some fun and food, the Dallas Stars seem to  have the answers. Don't forget to pick up a jersey or sweater at the Fan Shop, its cold when the Stars are in town.

Omie D
Hockey 101

Follow me on Twitter @omiedonline
Follow me on Instagram @omiedonline