24/7 Sports Talk

"I took time off" Kyrie Irving Gets Honest About His Slow Start In New Season

 



--Dallas

The Dallas Mavericks fall to the Toronto Raptors last night 127-116. Although NBA superstar, Kyrie Irving, had 22 points (8-19 from the field) we have yet to see the offensive explosion this young NBA season from the potential hall-of-famer. 


During his postgame remarks, he was honest about why he is not yet to be the high scorer that NBA fans love to see.




"I did not come into the season the way I wanted to.." said a thoughtful Irving. "I took off and I new the start of the season would be a healthy challenge."


When asked why he took the time off Kyrie described a change in off-season regime and took 30-40 days off training to preserve his health for the long season.


"I would peak too soon. I would be tired before all-star break."


Irving went on to talk about his goals this year are more team oriented than ever. He is putting aside his push for individual accolades in order to be there for the team in the long run.


After suffering only there second loss of the season, the Dallas Mavericks (6-2) sit at #2 in the Western Conference and 1st in there Division. They host the new Los Angeles Clippers (3-4) on Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment