24/7 Sports Talk

Houston Rockets: Snubs and Losses

Houston Rockets look to bounce back from two straight losses. Photo
credit NBA 
by Rodney Fisher

The Houston Rockets are probably more concerned about losing back-to-back games to the Memphis Grizzlies to end the week than anything else. But during the week, the somewhat quiet Rockets voiced their opinions on other basketball related activities that are not on the court.



The starters for the 2014 NBA All-Star game were announced this week without any Rockets players getting the nod. Yes, no Dwight Howard or James Harden selected to start. Howard decided to take the opportunity to poke fun at the new selection process that puts all players in only two categories: frontcourt and backcourt. Howard rekindled his “Save The Centers” campaign from 2012 when the change was announced.





Before their first game against the Grizz on Friday, Howard talked about the lack of height in the All-Star starters. “I’m going to have another campaign for saving the centers because the world needs us. They might not need us to start for the All-Star Game, but they’re going to need us to block shots and get things from the ceiling, tall things.”


Typical jokester Dwight that we have known to either love or hate, but his teammate Chandler Parsons decided to make his own bold statement.


Parsons, albeit in a losing effort, hit a career high 34-points. Included setting a NBA record and team record after sinking 10 straight three-pointers in the second half. His motivation was being snubbed himself from the 28 player USA Basketball Team roster.





“I’m not surprised”, said Chandler. “I’ve been overshadowed, overlooked my whole life. I was very frustrated. A life dream of mine is to play on that team. I deserved to be on that team. I played well in the camp. My game, my versatility, I feel like I’d be perfect for that system. I was upset. I’m still upset. I think it’s a joke I’m not on there.”


The Rockets will hope their angst turns into wins. A third consecutive loss would be the longest losing streak of the year. They only have two games this week, but both are against divisional foes in back-to-back nights. Nothing comes easy in the NBA.


Upcoming Schedule:
Tue, Jan 28 vs San Antonio
Wed, Jan 29 @ Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment