24/7 Sports Talk

The Day I Stopped Being a Cowboy Fan

Let me be honest. I will more than likely be back on the Cowboys bandwagon by the time the season starts, but today the Romo extension has me disgusted. 


I have been loyal to the Silver and Blue since my born day. I have endured the 80's, celebrated in the 90's, and put up with the 00's. I have jeopardized friendships and family arguing for Jerry Jones. I have picked them every year to not just have a good season, but win the Super Bowl for crying out loud. I say that so you truly understand that I am a lifelong fan...until today.

I stuck with Jerry through all his quarterback experiments including Tony Romo. I unlike most analyst have a huge emotional interest in the outcomes of Cowboy games. When he loses a game I am devastated. Today I learn that I have to re-live the last 6 years of Romo again. I have to suffer after every lost opportunity, crucial interception, botched snap, and lack of field leadership for another 6 years.

Not only do fans have the suffer, but Romo gets to become the highest paid Cowboy in history during the process. Are you serious Jerry? Romo deserves more money than Troy Aikman, Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin, Roger Staubach, Cliff Harris, Larry Allen, and everyone else in the "Ring of Honor". Romo will not even be in the "Ring of Honor".

I cannot speak for the entirety of Cowboys Nation, but you have lost a true fan today. I cannot see any logic in the decision to re-sign Romo when rookie quarterbacks are outperforming him. Damn all the numbers and statistics, he is not worth $55 million guaranteed with 1 playoff win...1 damn playoff win!!

- Rodney Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment