24/7 Sports Talk

Mavs cut ties with Lamar Odom

After a loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday night, the Mavericks staff decided it was time to part ways with Lamar Odom. They spent Easter Sunday working on the conditions of his release. Odom did release this statement to ESPNDallas.com, "The Mavericks and I have mutually agreed that it's in the best interest of both parties for me to step away from the team. I'm sorry that things didn't work out better for both of us, but I wish the Mavs' organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship."


At this point, Lamar will not be eligible to play on any team's playoff roster. It should be noted that the Mavs are 0-7 when Lamar has not played, but they have lost their share of games when he has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment