24/7 Sports Talk

Dear Jerry Jones: Watch Romo

Dear Jerry,
   I know it has been a while since we have talked, but I think this season will be different. We need to talk. Like you, I'm a huge Cowboys fan. Like you, I've been with this team from 1-15 to 3 Super Bowl Rings. I was even on board with you when you started your QB science project to replace the legendary Troy Aikman. I watched you mine the abyss of veteran NFLers and the vast caverns of undrafted free agents looking for gold. Just like the 21st century 49ers on reality TV still prospecting the hills and mountains of the frontier, you have to watch out for fool's gold. True, you have been able to decipher between the two before with Chad Hutchinson and Quincy Carter, but what about Tony. Your oil background keeps you always looking at a barren landscape and say, "Yep, this is the spot". I applaud that in most respects in terms of buying the team, hiring Jimmy, drafting "The Triplets", and building the greatest indoor enclosure in the world. But did you watch last Sunday. How many times do we (me and you) have to watch Tony lose a game on his own. Jerry, I know there is no easy fix. We don't have some hotshot rookie in the wings or a fan favorite backup, but Kitna would not have done that. Kitna won more games than Romo last year...right. I not asking you to demote him, not yet anyway, but watch him this week Jerry. Watch his locker room demeanor. Watch how he prepares for what many fans think to be the biggest game of his roller coaster career. Then watch the game. I know you gotta entertain your West Coast partners in your premium suite, but just watch the 4th quarter. When the game is on the line and we are one play away and you just don't need to turn the ball over and you know....the list goes on. Jerry you are not gun shy bro. You fired Jimmy Johnson after back-to-back Super Bowl wins; you can demote a QB that hasn't won anything but regular season games and 1 playoff win in 6 years. Don't worry, I plan on watching too.

Sincerely,
              RF

No comments:

Post a Comment